Thursday, February 15, 2007

The flight

That was probably the worst flight ever. I am as usual when I say something so absolutely, exaggerating. However, it was far from anything that could be considered the best flight ever. My flight to London was delayed by a couple hours and as a result I missed my connection to Addis Ababa. So I got rerouted through Paris (also a delayed flight) and then to Addis Ababa. My toothpaste, hand sanitizer and maple syrup that I had brought as a gift for my host employer were all confiscated in case they were bombs at this point. Apparently Ethiopia still worries about the really small amounts of liquid form of terrorism. When I eventually arrived my luggage had decided to kick around in London for a bit. It should have arrived at the airport by now, but I have not been able to get out there and get it yet. Afterwords I missed my driver who had arrived to pick me up because I was busy trying to find my luggage. I felt really bad for the poor guy who had also arrived at the airport two hours previously to attempt to pick me up from the flight I'd missed.

So far Ethiopia itself is amazing, but also really tiring. Everyone is very nice and helpful, but the resources are lacking. I am told that there can be a lot of hassle procuring necessary things. So hopefully I won't need to get much. I'm going to be leaving the capital on Monday to go to the college I will be working at. More later.

Jordie out

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was the first to comment.

I am a big powerful man.


That is all.

Alasdair

"I was totally posting on Jordie's blog way before anybody else. I'm that indie."

Anonymous said...

Damnit Alistair! It was my googling that found us this blog! RESPECT MY GOOGLE SKILLZ!

Rob

Michelle said...

I was totally gonna comment first yesterday, but I wasn't sure yet if it was cool so I waited to see what everyone else did.